Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Support Layla Dedrick with pledges for her participation in the American Cancer Society Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Event


Aloha Maile,

This year I have signed up to walk in the American Cancer Society Making Strides Against Breast Cancer and I’m hoping you’ll support me. I know that there are a lot of breast cancer events out there, but Making Strides speaks to me because funds raised enable the American Cancer Society to help people stay well and get well from breast cancer, find cures, and empower people to fight back today. With your help, we can save lives.

They say that every donation makes a difference, and it really is true. I know that times are tighter than normal for many of us, but if you can spare even $5, it truly will make a difference. If everyone walking in Making Strides this year were able to raise just $5 more, we would raise an additional $3 million to fight breast cancer. Imagine what an incredible difference we could make together!

To support me in my efforts, please visit my personal page. If you’re going to be in town, I’d love for you to join my team and walk with me. If not, please support my efforts with a donation of whatever amount you can spare.

As a little extra inspiration, I thought you might like to know a few of the ways your donation will help the American Cancer Society save lives every day.

When you make a donation...

* More people in our community will have the information and tools they need to help prevent breast cancer or find it early.
* More people with breast cancer will have a place to turn around the clock to help them through every step of their cancer journey – whether it’s a free ride to treatment, a place to stay, or just talking to someone who has "been there."
* More progress will be made toward finding breast cancer’s causes and cures. The American Cancer Society has played a role in nearly every major breast cancer breakthrough of the last century, which have led to the discovery of lifesaving breast cancer treatments like Tamoxifen and Herceptin. You will help us find more.
* More women – like our own mothers, daughters, sisters, and grandmothers – will have access to lifesaving mammograms and treatment they need.

Each of us has our own reasons for caring about the fight against breast cancer … whatever your reasons, I hope you’ll choose to make a difference by signing up to walk with me or making a donation online to support my effort. I’m so grateful to have great people like you in my life who care about breast cancer! Together we will make a difference, make history, and make strides.

Sincerely,
Layla

Making Strides Against Breast Cancer
American Cancer Society

Click HERE to visit my personal page.

Click HERE to view the team page for SOLID AS A ROCK

Click HERE to view the company page for BELLA PIETRA.

____________________________________________


Wai`anae's Layla Dedrick is PBN’s Forty Under 40 Young Business Leader of the Year for 2009

Layla Dedrick, formerly known as Layla Johnson, has been named Pacific Business News' (PBN) "Forty Under 40 Young Business Leader of the Year for 2009." Dedrick, who is the owner and CEO of natural stone supplier Bella Pietra, was chosen by a panel consisting of five previous winners.

Dedrick grew up on the Wai`anae Coast, where her parents, Roy and Gladys Johnson, owned a car repair shop in Ma`ili for many years.

Maile was fortunate to grow up with Dedrick, and they attended the same undergraduate school (Colorado College), as well as a conference, and many other events, together.

Congratulations to "local girl does good" Layla Dedrick and `Ohana!


Click HERE to view PBN's article about Dedrick.

No comments: