The Legal Aid Society of HI is now registered with the Foodland “Give Aloha” campaign that runs September 1-30. The codes are as follows:
Big Island: 78360
Okay, so since we all gotta eat – shop at Foodland, use your Maika`i
card and make a donation to our favorite non-profit!
The following information is from the website:
* From Sept. 1 - 30, donations to Give Aloha participating
organizations will be accepted at checkout at all Foodland and
Sack N Save stores statewide.
* **Customers must use their Maika`i Card to make a donation, and
can donate up to a cumulative total of $249 per person, per
organization. Donations exceeding $249 per person, per
organization will not be matched.** **Donations** **made without
a** **Maika`i Card will not be matched.** **Individuals must use
their own Maika`i Card to make a donation. Multiple donations on
a Maika`i Card exceeding $249 for the same organization will not
* Customers who do not have a Maika'i Card may request one at
checkout. Only one Maika'i Card will be issued per person.
* Foodland and the Western Union Foundation will match each
donation up to a total of $300,000 for all organizations
combined. If total customer donations exceed $300,000, the
matching gift will be divided proportionately among all
participating organizations (see calculation of matching gifts
on page 2).
* Please do not inform donors that their donation will be matched
"dollar for dollar." Foodland and the Western Union
Foundation will match a portion of their donation
* Membership dues, fees, tuition, and other payments for which
goods and services are received in return are not considered
"donations." These payments will not be matched.
* Donations in the form of cash, check or credit card (VISA,
MasterCard, American Express, Discover and JTB) will be
accepted. Donations must be made payable to Foodland or Sack N Save.
* The donation amount and name of the organization will appear on
the customer's receipt.
* Donor names will not be released to organizations.
* Donations are tax deductible to the full extent of the law.
* A thank you note will be given at checkout to customers who
donate, thanking them for giving aloha and reminding them to
save their receipt since it will be the only record of their
* Foodland reserves the right to refuse participation of any
Merrill S. Oka
Legal Aid Society of HI Program Manager