Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Wai`anae's Naturalee Needs Your Kokua

From: Naturalee Puou
Date: Monday, December 22, 2008, 8:44 PM
Subject: Your kokua would be GREATLY appreciated!

Aloha Kakou!

My name is Naturalee Puou, I am a college intern for the Waianae Olelo Enrichment Program, am currently attending Leeward Community College in pursuit of a teaching degree, and dance for Halau Na Mamo O Ka'ala. I am hoping to represent my community along with my Halau in the 2009 Merrie Monarch Competition.

The 2007-2008 year was my first year dancing hula in an actual Halau, and I was fortunate enough to make the dancer's line to represent Waianae with my Halau in the 2008 Merrie Monarch competition. Mahalo nui to all of you who helped to put me on that stage; I am the first dancer to ever represent the Puou-Helepololei ohana on that stage. My grandfather was overwhelmed with pride.

2009 is approaching quickly, and I am asking for your kokua to once again represent my community, Halau, and ohana in the '09 Merrie Monarch competition. Attached is a letter from my Kumu Hula, Noelani Chang; it gives a brief background on our Halau, and the difference your donation will make- NO MATTER THE AMOUNT. Mahalo nui to all of you who have already contributed to my Halau endeavors by purchasing calendars or Krispy Kreme doughnuts during our sales, and also to those of you who brought your vehicles to one of our car washes. Most of our fund raisers are completed, but many of us, including myself, still have a long way to go in raising the remainder of the trip's cost.

I understand that times are difficult for many of us, but whatever contribution that you are able to make will be greatly appreciated, even if its simply wishes for good luck! Mahalo nui loa to all of you for your support. Mele Kalikimaka
me Hau'oli Makahiki Hou!

Naturalee I. Puou
Olapa, Halau Na Mamo O Ka'ala

http://www.noelani-chang.com/branches.htm

No comments: