The students, faculty, and staff of Leeward Community College-Wai`anae cordially and enthusiastically invite you to participate in a Candidates Forum on Monday October 11 from 12:00-1:15. The forum will be held at the Leeward CC-Wai`anae campus at 86-088 Farrington Highway – behind the Cathay Inn and in front of City Mill. We hope to also have the forum videotaped for broadcast on `Olelo.
The general format of the Forum will be as follows:
1. Welcome and Introduction of each candidate by a Student Moderator.
2. Each candidate will give up to a 3-minute opening statement.
3. Each candidate will be asked the same questions, written by students in our POLS 110 Introduction to Political Science class, and will have two minutes to answer them.
4. Each candidate will give up to a 3-minute closing statement.
1. Informal talk story with candidates if time allows.
We are holding a voter registration drive here at our campus and are encouraging students to vote in the general election. Students would like to hear from each candidate on their views on several issues that are important to the students as members of the Wai`anae Coast community.
We sincerely hope you will participate in this forum.
Associate Professor, CC/Academic Coordinator
Leeward Community College-Wai`anae
86-088 Farrington Highway, Suite 201
Wai`anae, HI 96792