Thursday, January 7, 2010

LTC Don "Rock" Arakaki Retires

LTC Don "Rock" Arakaki dedicated the past 9 years of his life to helping Wai`anae High JROTC students learn discipline, confidence, and responsibility. Pictured here are JROTC cadets from both Wai`anae and Nanakuli High, who presented the colors at the 11-11-09 Veteran's Day ceremony at Herbert K. Pilila`au Recreation Center in Wai`anae. [Click on the photo for a larger view.]

From: Don_Arakaki/WAIANAEHI/HIDOE@notes.k12.hi.us [mailto:Don_Arakaki/WAIANAEHI/HIDOE@notes.k12.hi.us]
Sent: Monday, December 28, 2009 12:54 PM
Subject: Aloha and Mahalo

Aloha All:

It comes a time in life when you have to start a new career and for me
it will be retirement on 30 Dec 09. After 40 years of working (26 in the
military and 14 years with the state), my wife Joyce and I will enjoy an
indefinite vacation.

It has been a very rewarding experience and chapter in my life as the
Senior Army Instructor for the Waianae High School "Searider Battalion"
JROTC Program since January 2001. I would like to express my
appreciation to the administration, staff and faculty at WHS for their
outstanding support in helping us "Motivate Young People to Be
Better Citizens."

I would also like to thank the staff of the JROTC Hawaii Multiple School
Unit (HMSU) for their support of our program and to my fellow JROTC
instructors, it was great working with you and continue providing guidance
to our cadets.

Aloha and Mahalo:

LTC (R) Don "Rock" Arakaki

No comments: