Aloha concerned residents to Help Save TheBoat,
Honolulu City Council members and Mayor Hannemann will determine whether to extend TheBoat contract. Tell them you want to continue TheBoat.
- To email the Mayor and all Council members click this link: Honolulu City Government Email
- To email Mayor Hannemann, copy this address and paste it into your address bar. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click here to contact an individual City Council member: http://www.co.honolulu.hi.us/
Public Service Announcements (PSA) on Oahu's Olelo cable TV to help save TheBoat
Click on this link to see a two-minute combination PSA: Save TheBoat on Oahu PSA Collage
Upload your Video
Upload your short Save TheBoat rally video on to YouTube, MySpace, etc. Email the link to WeSaveTheBoat@gmail.com to be put on this web page and, if you request, it will also put it on Olelo Cable TV to be aired as a frequent public service announcement (PSA). Gather several people and video them saying DON'T STOP THE BOAT, KEEP THE BOAT AFLOAT, KEEP THE BOAT CONTRACT, etc. or invent your own chant. Use the above PSA's as a guide.
Click here to see the article from the Star Bulletin Council poised to sink TheBoat dated April 14, 2009:
- TheBoat represents safe, convenient and reliable service (Consistent commute times 1 hr pier to pier)
- TheBoat is an integrated component of the entire transportation system
- TheBoat provides an additional transportation choice (In case the freeway is shut down, ie overpass accident in Aiea)
- TheBoat ties seamlessly with the TheBus (schedule, routes, fares)
- TheBoat helps get people off the roads (and reduces congestion)
- TheBoat provides a comfortable and relaxing atmosphere