Friday, February 6, 2009
City to Close Portion of Nanakuli Beach Park For Maintenance
The Department of Parks and Recreation, announced that it will close the Zablan/Forac portions of Nanakuli Beach Park from March 15 to March 20 for needed repairs and maintenance.
Nanakuli Beach Park (Zablan/Forac) will be closed 24 hours a day from 10:00 p.m. Sunday, March 15 to 3:00 p.m. Friday, March 20 while the maintenance and repair work is being done.
The repair and maintenance work will include:
· Thorough cleaning of all comfort stations.
· Repairing picnic tables and park benches.
· Painting comfort stations, walls, picnic tables and building.
· Sweeping, repairing potholes and re-striping parking lot. Repainting curbs.
· Comprehensive landscape maintenance. Evaluating all trees and prune as necessary.
· Repairing irrigation systems and other infrastructure.
When the Zablan/Forac section of Nanakuli Beach Park reopens, it will be added to the other Leeward Coast beach parks with closure hours from 10:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m.
*Late night park closure is in response to numerous requests from community members. This action was endorsed by the Nanakuli/Maili Neighborhood Board and the Board of Parks and Recreation.