Parks and Recreation Committee
Special Meeting Agenda
Baseline Environmental Study for the
Waianae Coast Ocean Area
Wednesday, March 5, 2008
Waianae District Park
Multi Purpose Room
85 601 Farrington Hwy
7:00 P.M. – 8:30 P.M.
II. Call to Order/Meeting guidelines/Introductions
III. Meeting Objectives – William Aila, DLNR
· Provide update on status of study preparation
· Review information and maps prepared from input received during the last meeting and other data sources
· Provide comments on ocean use issues and management options
IV. Presentation– Kitty Courtney, Tetra Tech
· Ocean use maps
· Ocean use issues
· Potential management options
V. Map and Poster Viewing
· View maps showing information gathered during previous meeting and other data sources
· Provide corrections and additions on comment worksheet
VI. Open Discussion
VII. Complete and turn in comment worksheet
THE WAIANAE COAST NEIGHBORHOOD BOARD #24 IS A DRUG/ALCOHOL FREE COMMUNITY MEETING.
THE WAIANAE COAST NEIGHBORHOOD BOARD #24 MEETING IS BROADCAST MONTHLY ON OLELO.
If you would like to receive this Board’s agenda and minutes, please contact the Neighborhood Commission Office , Honolulu Hale, Room 406, Honolulu , HI 96813 ; call at 768-3710 or fax 768-3711 to be added to the mailing list or visit www.honolulu.gov/nco/index1.htm.
Any individual wishing to attend a Neighborhood Board meeting who has questions about accommodations for a physical disability or a special physical need should call the Neighborhood Commission Office at 768-3710 between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., at least 24-hours before the scheduled meeting.
For further info re the meeting, click here. Or call 441-6612.
[Note: Pictured is Kamaile Elementary teacher Paul Kepka surfing his favorite Westside spot.]