Saturday, September 6, 2008

Bradah Mel's Canoe & Stand-Up Surfing Championships: Request for Donations

Steinlager, Quiksilver & Jamba Juice
presents the 4th annual
Bradah Mel's Canoe Surfing and Stand-Up Surfing
Championships at Makaha Beach

A Memorial for the Late Leighton Look

Aloha,

My name is Bradah Mel Puu, from Makaha, on the Island of 'Oahu, Hawaii. I am a life long resident of the Waianae Coast, and a Lifeguard for the City & County of Honolulu since 1982. I am an avid Surfer, Diver, and lover of the Ocean. For the Past three years I have had the privilege and honor to work with my sponsors and the community to host a very special event,on behalf of my good Friend and steersman, Mr. Leighton Look. An avid Paddler and Fisherman in his own right, Leighton was paralyzed from the neck down in a diving accident. Sadly on August 25th he went into cardiac arrest and did not survive. I am continuing to do the event as a way to keep him in our hearts and minds, and also to help the family in their time of need.

We are asking for any type of donations possible, Cash, Prizes, and or Products, for this years event. All of the proceeds will be donated to the family of the late Leighton Look. Also the purpose of this event is not only to remember a good friend, but also to perpetuate the lost art of Hawaiian Canoe Surfing, as well as the sport of Stand-up Surfing. We will also have raffle give away's throughout the event. So I hope you can come and participate or just enjoy the beauty of Makaha. On behalf of my family, my sponsors, and myself, we all would like to thank you very much for taking the time to read my letter and hope to see you in the water.

Mahalo Nui Loa
Bradah Mel Puu
P.O. Box 1006 Waianae Hi. 96792
Ph. (808)478-9086

Contest Date's: Dec. 6th & 7th or 13th &14th
Make checks payable to H.A.S.A.

No comments: