Sunday, December 5, 2010

Read Aloud America Program

RAP is back to Waianae!

Aloha Waianae Readers!

First I'd like to introduce myself. I'm the new volunteer coordinator here at Read Aloud America. I hope you are all still interested in RAP and promoting literacy. I'm looking forward to our upcoming semester but I need your help.

RAP will be back to your area this Spring! Let me know if you are interested in reading. Also if you know anyone who would like to become a volunteer reader, Please have them register online on our website. Please remember that our volunteers commit to all six sessions at our Read Aloud Program.

On February 3, RAP will commence at Leihoku Elementary School. The dates are as follows:

THURSDAY Nights- All age groups are still available
Feb 3, 17
Mar 3, 31
Apr 14, 21

http://readaloudamerica.org/volunteer_reg.htm

Tricia O. Ching
Volunteer Coordinator
Read Aloud America
Phone: 808.529.9932
Fax: 808.593.1984
tricia@readaloudamerica.org


There is no frigate like a book
To take us lands away,
Nor any coursers like a page
Of prancing poetry.
This traverse may the poorest take
Without oppress of toll;
How frugal is the chariot
That bears a human soul!"

-Emily Dickinson

No comments: